A number of homeowners prefer to embark on some DIY home improvement and upgrade projects on their property. Painting isn’t a very difficult job if you plan it well, choose the right colour paints, primers and tools, follow proper techniques and complete the work methodically for a perfect finish. We at Attentive Painting & Decorating have outlined some that you can follow while painting rooms in your house:
- Clear the space room of all the curtains, furnishing, light fittings, electrical outlet covers, and other fixtures and features.
- Move all the large and bulky furniture to the centre of the room if you find it difficult to move it out of the room entirely; cover them with plastic sheets as this helps prevent it from getting splattered with any paint.
- Clean the space in a detailed manner and ensure there are no cobwebs, dust or any debris lying around.
- Wipe and clean all the walls and other surfaces that you plan to paint.
- Line the room’s floor’s edges with paper.
- Fill all small dents, tiny fissures, nail holes or any cracks with lightweight spackle.
- Prime all the wall surfaces using a suitable primer; you can get some advice from the hardware store as to which primer will be best-suited for the paint you are using.
- Tape off all light switches, timber features and the adjacent walls, etc. using masking tape to protect them from getting splattered with paint or damaged.
- Once you have completed all these steps your room will be ready for painting and finishing.
We at Attentive Painting & Decorating are a very reputed and experienced company that provides customised painting services for residential and commercial properties at very reasonable pricing. For a free consultation and quote, please call us on 07 3532 5528 or write to us via this online form.