If you are planning to paint a room or several rooms in your house on your own, you need to make sure that you have all the right tools, paints and primers for the job. But that is only one aspect of a DIY house painting project.
There are a number of other things you’d have to take into consideration and follow in order to ensure that the project progresses without a glitch and that no features in your home are damaged in the process. The Attentive Painting & Decorating experts have listed a few steps you should follow if you are planning on painting the interiors of your house:
- Clear the curtains, furnishings, light and lighting fixtures, the electrical outlet covers, as well as the rest of the décor and artwork from the walls etc.
- Move all large furniture pieces to the centre of your room if they are too unwieldy and can’t be removed from the space. Use thick plastic sheets to cover them- this will protect them from paint splatters while you are working there.
- Clean the entire room from top to bottom very meticulously and pay extra attention to removing all the cobwebs and dust.
- Carefully wipe and clean the walls and any other surfaces you are planning to paint.
- Line the floor’s edges with thick paper.
- Fill in all small cracks, fissures and dents as well as the nail holes with lightweight spackle.
- Prime the wall’s surfaces using a compatible primer.
- Affix masking tape over the light switches, the timber features and all the adjacent walls to protect them from paint drops or damage.
- Now your room is ready for painting.
We at Attentive Painting & Decorating are a very reputed and experienced company that provides customised painting services for residential and commercial properties at very reasonable pricing. For a free consultation and quote, please call us on 07 3483 0909 or write to us via this online form.