Queenslander properties are stunning in every way. These tropical houses made of timber are classic in design with their deep, extensive shaded verandahs that can be accessed via French windows. Most of these houses stand on stumps and have steep-pitched iron roofs. The expansive verandahs are also lined with balustrades and posts and these lend a very distinctive look to the house.
While everything about Queenslander properties is unique, the people that own them also want to ensure they are maintained well, which isn’t an easy task. As mentioned at the outset, they are largely made of different types of timber- primarily hardwoods. In addition to ensuring that these properties are in a state of good repair, property owners also like to ensure these houses look aesthetically appealing- this is a lot of do with the type of paint finish the home has.
How the Painted Surfaces Get Impacted
All the timber and iron in the structure is painted which provides it a certain amount of protection from the harsh Australian climate. But exposure to the elements causes deterioration in the paint and over the years it can start peeling and flaking. If you own Queenslander properties you know exactly how precious their architecture is, and that these houses are a vital component of the cultural heritage of Australia. Most of these houses had been constructed in the late nineteenth century or the early part of the 20th century and they have stood the test of time.
Though these houses are made from very hardy materials, you want to be sure that when you are getting them painted, you hire the right contractor for the job. A novice or inexperienced painting contractor wouldn’t be able to cater to your specific needs. The only way to ensure the job gets done to your expectations is to hire the services of a company that has vast experience in this space. We at Attentive Painters have been operating in this field for a number of years and know what it takes to paint these unique homes in an expert manner.
The Painting Process
We have skilled painters on our team that have handled Queenslander properties’ painting projects and the work will be carried out in a very methodical manner. A highly specialised approach is adopted while handling this painting job:
- The property will be surveyed and the experts will make note of all the different features and materials used in the structure
- The condition of the structure and its finish will be taken into account
- A great deal of preparation goes into carefully removing all the old paint. Just painting over the existing finish will only hamper the aesthetics of the structure and the paint will start peeling and flaking very soon.
- If there are any imperfections in the weatherboards, those will first be restored, sanded and then painted.
- The base coat will be applied after which the coat of paint will also be carefully applied- this ensures the house gets a stunning finish.
We at Attentive Painting & Decorating are front-running contractors in this space and have handled a significant number of Queenslander properties’ painting projects in an expert manner. For a free consultation and quote, please call us at this number- 07 3532 5528 or write to us via this online form .